Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jeff and Julia

St. Raphael’s dot com is a place on the internet where single Catholics can meet other single Catholic’s.. It is because of this internet sight that Jeff and Julia are sitting here today as  husband and wife. But they actually never met through St. Raph’s., but indirectly through it.   I was searching around on St. Raf’s trying to find the girl of my dreams, and came upon this young woman’s profile from Conn. named Christine.  She seemed interesting and lived rather close by, only a state or so away.  So I thought I would drop her an e-mail. It turns out that she was rather unimpressed with my profile and didn’t bother to write me back.  But when God wills someone to meet, it happens. 

In the scripture's it often talks about God using our weakness to accomplish his will. He used my bad short term memory. I wrote to Christine again, forgetting having written to her the first time. Unimpressed with the profile, she was impressed with my persistence and decided to give me a chance. So we ended up doing  some things together.  We soon discovered that we did not have a romantic attraction to each other but  that we could be friends.  One weekend while I was coming back form a wedding in Penn. I decided to drop in on Christine and pay her a visit. While there she told me about a friend of hers who would be the perfect match for me. She described her personality and sure enough I wanted to meet her.

So we set up a date to meet each other. Christine would bring her friend Julia for me to meet, and I would bring a few of my friends.  I love to introduce all my friends to all of my other friends. It’s one of my greatest joys. I also love to gather large amounts of people for movie outings. It just so happened that the latest film from Pixar Studio’s , Monsters Inc., had come out and I thought that would be a great film to all see together. 

So I brought along with me, my close friend from College, David Patten and also decided to bring along my friend Jeff Wagner.  I think in the back of Jeff’s mind, he knew if I was going to meet some girl, it was well worth going as I had introduced Jeff to two of his previous girlfriends. That’s a whole saga we can’t get into now. But sure to say Jeff knew I had good taste in women and was probably looking for me to hook him up again, even if subconsciously 



So I introduced  the guys to Christine and to Julia, the young woman from England. I had been talking to Julia on line and convinced her to put on her English Persona during their first meeting. By the end of the film, she revealed her true identity.  What a great first impression huh!  After the movie I had to split with Dave for another commitment, but I left Jeff alone with Christine and Julia. Jeff alone with his guitar and his funky sideburns.  At that moment, my shot at dating Julia was shot as Jeff sang his way into her heart.

But it didn’t matter cause she was not meant to be mine, she was meant to be Jeff’s. Myself and Christine were the vehicles that God used to bring this couple together and I am happy that Jeff has finally found the girl of his dreams. I am happy that Julia found the man of her dreams.


I am honored to be one of the Groomsman. I am honored that I played apart along with Christine, in bringing  them together. I am honored that I can be a witness of God’s love as they got married today.   I an honored to name them both among my closest friends. 

One day your future children will ask you how you two met and  you can tell them the tale, probably in much more detail then I’ve gone into today.

“Well it all started  with my friend’s bad memory.”

May God Bless you as you start down life’s road together. Never forget the importance of friendships. Never forget to continue to fall in love with each other and if you always Keep Christ in the Center of your relationship, you will always be able to do these things.  

Now lets Eat and Party.....................

Here’s to Jeff and Julia....................................









Please”, the Wagner kids shouted in unison. Jeff had just put his guitar in his case. A few songs played for them before bed was never enough, they always needed a story as well. His two children, Anikin and Amadala looked at him with their little eyes of blue and brown and again suckered  him to doing what they wanted.
                “Ok. A quick one.” said Jeff. “What do you want to hear?
                “Tell us about the time you meet Mom,” Amadala said.
                “Yeah,” shouted Anikn in reply to Amadala’s request.
                “Ok,” came the reply from their father. We meet through a dating service.”
                “What’s a dating service?” his kids asked.
                “It’s a place that matches single people,
                “Unmarried people right?”, asked Anikin.
                “That is what single people is,” his sister remarked.
                “Yes, that’s right. Well it was through the Wilson Dating Services..  

No comments:

Post a Comment