Sunday, May 22, 2011

Death Awaits

As I sit here eating my Gorp combo of Honey Roasted Stop and Shop peanuts, M & M’s, and Raisins while drinking some 2 % milk, the silent figure of death lies outside my door. He is waiting for me.  Waiting for my wife.  He looks at his watch and is waiting for it to chime in on someone at 19 Joclyn  ave.  He is waiting for the connection between the radar beacon in my heart to link up with his appointment book and then he will suck me away to the other world where I will stand in the presence of ultimate and blinding light. 

Will this light burn me up or will it only fry off the smoldering edges of my personality leaving a reflective image of itself?

Will I run towards the light or take a step in the opposite direction as to avoid the unpleasant aura of divine love?  I pray that this time in the dessert will help put me in the shape I am needed to enter the promised land as I run towards the finish line.

Death may be waiting for minutes or weeks, days or years.  But there is one who waits to receive me when Death comes to visit unto His own.  But death is too far away, as He comes to my inner home now so as to prepare my house to be ready for Him when Death shall introduce us at a time yet undisclosed to my wife or I.   He comes also to kick out fear which holds me down till death crushes me.  The Light lifts me up and through death and thus conquers it, and pushes it to the ground.

The light burns up my sins as to make my arms light enough for flight into the kingdom of un-ending peace.  But that time may be now or then, but the time is to light up the fire in my home and spread it to my inner rooms and then spread it to the village around me, spreading  the fire of light to those who need it.  May this little light of my, Shine.  Shine for all the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment