Sunday, May 22, 2011

Silly Nothing 3

Seriously, the completeness of the trilogy of a Silly bit o nothing :
Joe:
Andy
Chris:
Zyra:
Writer
Wise old man
Punk
King Steve
& Various others
Chris: YOU LIKE!!!
Joe: What is the writer thinking, writing another part to this silly trilogy?
Andy: What does he have to say that wasn’t said in the first two installments.
Wise Old Man: A wise man would wait and find out.
Chris: That wasn’t in the least bit funny.
Wom. It wasn’t supposed to be.
Chris: Inspire of the lameness, the other lines were funny. Maybe that’s what made them funny is that they were lame. It was stupid humor.
King Steve: It’s King Steve you fools.
Andy: Just like that.
Joe: Were free to be stupid aren’t we?
Chris: Of course you aren’t. Stupid people are a menace on the free world in which we live. If stupid people would just shut up and go away, their would not be so many bad script writers in Hollywood producing crap like this.
Wom: Why is this crap?
Andy: Cause this script has nothing to say about anything.
Joe: Maybe it does but your just too stupid to figure it out.
Andy: If I’m so stupid, why don’t you just explain to me why I am.
Joe: I would try to explain myself, but because your stupid it would take a long time and many weeks to explain myself fully on a lot of points that you bring up in our conversations.
Andy: I’m not going anywhere except maybe to bed.
Chris: This is getting serious..... It’s not funny.... We need to make it so.
King Steve: It’s King Steve you fools....
Joe: That’s not it..........
Andy: Hey how about this.... What would happen if the scene just changed.....
Pat: We’d be in a entirely different scene.
Zyra: Was that the funny bit that’s supposed to change this script. Lets get back to our serious discussion of conversations.
Pat: Just one of our many conversations, after getting the shaft out of the script.
.
Zyra: Remember just one conversation brought about the freedom of this country. “Just one conversation brought about the most hated cult of our time. “The Church of Scientology.” but I know what you mean.
Pat: Do you?
Zyra: Yes.
Pat: Oh
Zyra: Pat you believe highly in free thought and don’t believe that the Catholic Church allows one to think. Overall the church does allow free-thought. It tells you to love Christ and do as you please. But love is going to restrict the things you think about. Truth does limit free thought to a degree.
Punk: Zyra is a hippy loving Jesus Freak. I beat up Jesus Freaks.
Zyra: Not only that, I’m Catholic also.
Pat: What was the purpose of the Punk threatening to beat you up for your religious beliefs?
Zyra: The chance for him to make his cameo and to better explain our philosphical debate.
Pat: Don’t you mean theological.
Zyra: If we were both on the same page I would say yes, but you don’t believe in Christ or the Catholic Church for that matter.
Pat: Mmm. I guess that’s a good point. But getting back to the question at hand. What exactly do you mean by what you said about free thought? When I talk about free-thought. I mean having the ability to ask ANY question and try to find out the answer. There is no ‘such questions shouldn’t be asked.” or ‘these thoughts are from the devil. Resist them and they will flee.” or ‘doubt in God is natural, allow it to pass and trust in the Lord Almighty.” Truth doesn’t limit that kind of free thought. Though, you are correct if you are saying that if you are free to believe what is not true, truth then does limit incorrect thought.
Zyra: Okay Pat as a sinner and one who is sometimes proud to do the wrong thing I don’t believe in independence. But I believe in total dependence in God and in God alone.
Pat: Where does ‘free’ play in anywhere to total dependence? That would imply dependence for thought and opinion. This will stop you from ever asking the question, “Is what I believe what is best for me?” Don’t you have an open mind?
Zyra: I did but my brain kept falling out. What’s best for you is the truth. Truth is true whether you believe it or not.

Pat: I’m not doubting that. Only how one comes to discover it. Your using the same phallicy if I were to try and prove that rationally is true. by using rationally. Of course it’s going to tell you that itself is true. (wink wink) . Didn’t Think you’d hear me say that did ya?
Zyra: . Your right I have free will and with my free will I choose not to have it.
Pat: : Yeahh. Ain’t it great!?!
Zyra:: Pat you are open to the truth and one day (soon I hope) you will discover the truth and you will be amazed.
Pat: : If I ever discover too much of the truth it will probably permilently warp my brain. So no offence I’m out of her. (Pat gets up to leave and trips)
Joe: Hey Pat’s back.
Wom: Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happen.” (Winston Churchill)
Andy: Gosh what’s with all the citations. And anyway, why ruin a good story with the truth.
Joe: Don’t we have to have a good story to begin with?
Andy: The reality is that we don’t.
Chris: My feeling is that while we should have the deepest respect for reality, we should not let it control or life's.
Pat: I have seen the truth and it makes absolutely no sense.
Joe: I thought you didn’t get to the truth. That was clear from the last sentence you spoke with Zyra.
Andy: I thought he was the Cameo Man. I thought you were dead. Why are you back?
Pat: Why? Why! Why! Your trying to bring up more intellectual conversations. I just cant’ take it.
Writer: Neither can I. I sit at work all day long thinking about how I’m going to re-write all the stuff I’ve written. I stand all day long..
Andy: You said sit the first time. So what is it? Sit or Stand.
Writer. ALL DAY LONG, just thinking about writing fluff like this when I could be working on a script to bring out truth. To bring out morals. I’ve got a room full of 30 or so years of unorganized pictures, tapes, videos, writings and so forth. That’s all I seem to worry about and think about. It’s time to move away from re-writing my past and organizing it to living in and writing my present. I’ll probably never finish organizing everything in my life. But hey I don’t have to. It’s there. The fact that it is there is enough for me.
Chris: So organizing and persevering your history is not important?
Writer: I didn't’ say that. All I’m saying is that I have other things to write about. Scripts depicting the evil of abortion. About the truth’s of the Catholic Church. Fantasy stories that would rival Harry Potter.
Johnny Preacher: Hold on there you bunch of sinners, on your way to hell for all eternity. Fantasy is of the devil. Fantasy is lies. Why? I’ll tell you why you children of a word the author can‘t spell. Because Fantasy deals with the fake world. While the word of God deals with truth.
John: In the beginning, was the word, and the Word was with God, and the word was God. He was in the beginning with God. God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was a formless wasteland, and darkness covered the abyss while a mighty wind swept over the waters. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be through him was life. And this life was the light of the human race. Then God said let there be light, and there was light. the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. God saw how good the light was. God then separated the light from the darkness. (Genesis 1: 1-4 John 1: 1-5)
JP: You see there you lackers in knowledge offfffffff the word of God.
Fr. Practical: Look Johnny. The words of God, were not only used to describe the creation of the world, but words that did create the world. God grants to us humans the ability and gift to be just like Him by giving us the gift of imagination to create worlds of our own. Myth & fantasy is food for the imagination. According to Christian author C.S. Lewis a myth is a story that is an imaginative expression of the deepest meanings of life. Myth gives one a "taste" of reality. It is the "most adequate language" to express reality because it involves a story filled with particularities, and reality consists of particulars, not generalities Myth helps to express truth, ideas, and feelings in a way that can be more readily grasped and understood. I know I‘m quoting something, but my footnotes are lost.
Writer: "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Andy: That was Albert Einstein.
Writer: Oh good Andy. Andy is smart and deserves a cookie.
Andy: WOW! Thanks for the cookie.
Chris: I thought we were ending this script, so you could go write something of importance.
Joe: He is actually starting to talk about something of importance.
Andy: I also think he wants to stretch this out to 5 pages like he did the first two.
Pat: How come I’m not getting any lines?
Joe: Your dead.
Pat: I was written back in.
JP: You are dead. You are all dead in your sins.
FP: That is true. Were all dead in our sins, but we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Pat: Gosh I really want to argue. But I can’t.
Andy: Why? Cause you don’t have enough to say.
Pat: No because I have too much to say and were almost at the end.
Joe: Doesn’t the writer have to go on a tirade about something. That’s how we ended the other two scripts.
Pat: Something to wrap these thoughts up.
Everyone sits around waiting in silence.
Writer: HEY YOU GUYS!! "Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it? (Mark Twain) "Lay hold on the Bible until the Bible lays hold on you.- (Will H. Houghton) "Study. Study in Earnest. If you are to be salt and light, you need knowledge, capability. Or do you imagine that an idle and lazy life will entitle you to receive infused knowledge? Blessed Jose Maria Escriva.
Every time in the bible when a person is called upon to exercise faith it's an intelligent faith. Jesus said in John 8 "You shall know the truth," not ignore it. Christ was asked, "What is the greatest commandment of all?" He said, "to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind." The problem with some people is that they seem to stop with their hearts. The facts about Christ never get to their minds. -Josh McDowell (More than a Carpenter);
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - (Galileo Galilei) If you are to serve God with your mind, to study is a grave obligation for you. ( Blessed (Jose Maria Escriva.
I don't understand Christianity, nor do I understand electricity, but I don't intend to sit in the dark until I do! (Anonymous) That we can comprehend the little we know already is mind boggling in itself. (Tom Gates)
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. (Frank Herbert) I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.". We should take care not to make intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality- (Albert Einstein) All Wisdom comes from the Lord and with him it remains forever. The sand of the seashore, the drips of rain, the days or eternity, who can number these? The root of wisdom is fear of the Lord, her branches are length of days. (Sirach 1: 1,2,18)
Pat: A little long but I guess that says it all. I think something is stirring in my mind. Then from my mind to my heart. From my heart to my soul. WOW.
Zyra: What’s it done for you?
WOM: Remember Wisdom begins in wonder." Socrates
Andy, Joe, Chris, Pat: Goodbye and Shalom everybody.
THE END
King Steve: It’s King Jesus you fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment