Sunday, May 22, 2011

Unweaving the Complacent Shirt by fire

Unweaving the Complacent Shirt by fire.

I ware  this shirt of complacency
Weaved from the strands of Tepidity
It feels tight around my sincerity to accomplish
The jigsaw puzzle of my existence

My jet rides around the runway
instead of soaring to the heavens above
My feet are planted at the starting point
While other runners are sprinting toward the finish line.

What will it take to move the flimsy limbs to run?
What will it take the tired wings to actually fly?
A fire that burns away my lackadaisicalness
That holds me to the comfort of my armchair.

A fire that burns in the fireplace of my heart and
In the waiting marrow of my bones.
A  fire that burns so hot that it must be
Spit out in deeds of Spirited un-quenchable love

I need to haste as not to waste more
Minutes down the drain of dwindling time
By preparing the hearth to catch the flame
Once it is ready to ignite and light the house on fire.

I try and inch one step closer
To unweaving the Complacent shirt by fire
But keep slipping on the  mud of my fears and self-centered mind
Only to have Grace lift me up by the hand of Mercy and
Move me forward to wearing the new clothes of motivation and enthusiasm
For the gifts and talents that have been sleeping in the attic waiting to
Spring forth to torch all around with the fire of Divine Life.

Writing by Mark Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment