Monday, October 17, 2011

My Life since 2000

My Life since the year 2000.

For every Caesar, Cleopatra, Napoleon, Thomas Edison, or Attila the Hun who blazes a fiery comet of fame and storied greatness across the firmament of history, there are millions and millions of anonymous people (chances are you and I are among them) who live and die and only God remembers them- Mark Shea

Chances are that people will not be reading these words a 100 years from now. Perhaps after I die they will be read by family and or friends.  It is October 16 when I am starting to write this summary of my life since the start of the new millennium of 2000.  I wish I had kept a better record of my life over the years. My memory fades and forgets facts, dates, and actual events.  My soul has stockpiled events stored in its inner memory but I have no access to that part of my being.  Certain Events of my life will only to be remembered by God at the Day of Judgment.   But for now, let me try to construct some major events that have happen to me.

I was living with my parents once again in the year 2000.  I was working at Staples.  Around 2001 I think it might be, I finally got a job in my field of communications and got a part time job as the Hamilton-Wenham Cable access coordinator.  I become friends with John Burke who was the head of the Beverly Cable access. I had meet John years earlier as he was an intern whom I had helped out on some shoots at the state house.  He actually helped get me that job.  I balanced life at Staples and at the cable station.  I helped set up cable shoots for town meetings and put local cable shows on the air.  It was probably one of the best jobs I ever had in my life.  I had a lot of freedom and opportunities for creativity.  I supervised volunteers and taught others how to use the equipment.  A great job that could have expanded my work experience.

Due to a maturity problem and lack of putting first things first and sloth I lost the job.  I had made some mistakes that put me in hot water to begin with and then out of frustration one night I kicked a wall in frustration out of a mistake that I made.  I made a hole in a wall.  This cost me the job I had had for all most a year. I still had Staples which went downhill as well after awhile.

My father Harold Wilson left this earth in May of 2003.  It was a sad occasion and I have written a very nice eulogy about him which explains more about my Dad.  I ended up working at warehouse for the summer full time but it lasted only a summer.  I got laid off but I tend to think that I drove the boss there a little crazy with the mistakes that I made.  I always seem to make a lot of mistakes on my jobs.  My imperfection really shines through and drives bosses crazy. I had left Staples by this time.

After the warehouse job I got a temp job at a warehouse.  I actually could have probably have gone further in the warehouse job and gotten a full time job.  But I wanted something more than a ware house job.  I then applied and got accepted to Grad school.  I went to Franciscan University in Steubenville Ohio from 2005 – 2008. I graduated and got a job at CatholicTV in 2008 and got married to my good friend Kristin Nealon in 2010.  That is my life in short with a quick synopsis.   If I thought hard I might come up with some more interesting events and memories, something I will do with my Franciscan days and hiring at CatholicTV and marriage to Kristin Nealon.  A short mini-bio and memoir will be composed hopefully soon.   It is 5 in the morning and I can’t sleep.  But in case I die or get lazy this part of my life is somewhat explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment